Neo Sprikania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Magical world... straight from the mind of a genious.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just Some Suggestions

Go down 
+2
Jackson
Mosturn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mosturn

Mosturn

Just Some Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:03 am

Now, I want this site to live, not to die, for that to happen we gotta make this site look and work perfectly. I observed the site and jotted down some things I felt could be changed or tampered with a little bit. The reason I am posting this in the chat section as it isn't really a complaint, more of a group thing I'd like everyone to see and put their opinions on what I've said and anything they'd like to change or play with. Keep in mind I won't kick a fit if none of these take place, they are mere suggestions.

1. Administration/Moderation: I propose that maybe we have a set number for both admins and mods, gather some suitable cantidates, have them audition by completing an RP post with a set amount of words, then people see their entries and the ones they like the most win the position. I mean that way we know we're being watched over by decent RPers and not people we know little about in the sense of skills. Either that or we just have monthly polls and shiz and see who deserves it based on their skills or the numbers required.

2. Tranquility Nation: I'm un-aware of this nations life-span at the current date but if it is still alive I suggest it be wiped, from what I've heard it's pointless, seeing as the nations were meant to be about elements, that's like making a bananna nation, it'd make no sense. I feel similar about the "Ancient Nation" but I can see a nation like that, despite the fact it isn't an element I can see how one would incooperate it into the story. The "Tranquility Nation" to me isn't really needed and makes the place look as if it needs fillers to take up space. I was informed there was a school at the "Tranquility Nation" or something and it's owned by an immortal half vampire, half angel, now personally I find that incredibly silly, both the school and the fact an immortal being got approved but hey, not my place to question approvals.

3. Descriptions: This one is a problem in my eyes of large proportions, that being because it denies us the abilities to utilise our imaginations to their fullest. I mean if we are told every single detail on the area we don't get the fun of painting half the picture ourselves, kinda like in school where you're told exactly what and how to do things. I propose that descriptions for the areas be drastically shortened and less detailed so we can paint the picture of where we're RPing. This nearly stopped me joining here, due to the monstrous size of descriptions for each area, it seemed incredibly unprofessional. Like instead of fully detailing an area just describe minor points and leave the major points about the contents and area diameters and shiz to us, it'll be much more fun, I can assure you.

4. Rules: I feel strongly that some of these should seriously be changed, the main one being "The admin is always right, disobey and suffer" rule, it's completly moronic. It basically states that no matter our opinion, if an admin has a different one we have no say in the changes, this basically creates pillars between members and gives others a false sense of pride in a way. Whilst I realise this site isn't a democracy I do feel that we are all equal, for without members there is no site, I feel we should all be seen as equals. Something that I less strongly feel on is the swearing rule, while I understand it would be in place the people here need to understand we're all human beings and we can all make blunders, I feel that the rule should be adjusted to state that a punishment should only be delivered to those who constantly break the rule, that's just common sense. Also tone down on the spam rule? It's a little god modish in the sense of administrative power, I mean we're all bound to accidently spam once or twice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/luke_nhs
Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:22 am

I agree with most of everything written. The only part I disagreed with was the mention of taking away my nation -.-

lol but other than that Im 100% with everything stated
Back to top Go down
Mosturn

Mosturn

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:35 am

Jackson wrote:
I agree with most of everything written. The only part I disagreed with was the mention of taking away my nation -.-

lol but other than that Im 100% with everything stated

Nah I don't want the Ancient Nation wiped, I was just confused into what it really was.
Back to top Go down
Angelus

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 1:20 pm

hey. leave my nation alone Razz

it's not been posted up yet cause Tierna is away, but it's basically the only permanent neutral zone in the world
Back to top Go down
Kane

Kane

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 5:04 pm

<< ok the mod thing Tirena agreed that we needed just two for now since the site isn't that big yet. We had a bit of an election process amongst some of the veterans of this site and so me and V got given the position, but if me or him mess up then ya we could do that to pick some new ones.
Back to top Go down
MorpheusZero

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 5:43 pm

I would be willing to help out with the rules and such. I have a genius rule system set up for other people on various other sites. It's basically fool proof and loophole free.
Back to top Go down
HeightsFinest

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 7:04 pm

Good to see that members are taking an active interest in the site, but I think I should clear somethings up, first the rules. I created the rules you see and I tried to make them as fair as possible, not giving too much control to either factions, those being admins/mods and members. Now I dont know where you got
Quote :
"The admin is always right, disobey and suffer"
because I read over it again and dident find that quote anywhere. I wrote: "The admins are the law, whatever they say goes no matter how much you dont want it to be. Any one dissobeying an admin can be punsihed unless the admin is clearly out of line, which in case a counsel of admins and mods will gather and talk over the case, which thereafter the admins will deliver the due punishment." Now the admins do have final says in matters of approving and such and what I meant by disobeying was like if a member keeps insisting on approval even when they are wrong or if they are constantly spamming or overall just breaking the rules. I did take in account however how admins can go power hungry which is why I set up the whole thing about the council. Any important issues concerning an unjust or biased admin will be talked through with the council, we dont believe that members should have to comply with an unfair authority figure, we are all equals. I dissagree that this site is not a democracy, because when this site was being started up I talked with rika constantly about how this site should be ruled equally, not only admins, they are just people who approve, set up events and oversee the site, nothing too special which is why I asked not to be one. A site is nothing without its members and I really hope that this site hasent given any vibe of unfairness, because believe me thats the last thing we want. When I created the rules, I tried to make it as fair as possible and I did as best as I could, but I knew that it wasent perfect so I added that it could be changed, members can speak to any admin, talk about the changes, and if agreed upon can be put in and or moddifed.

Now as for the other subjects, I dont really see the point in having rp trials for admins, they wont be using there admin status in any rps anyways. Also we arent looking for people who can rp great, we are looking for fair, just people who want to help this site. What I think would be good is an election, let the people decide who they think are good to be admins, but not based on rp skills, but on the people themselves, their character or how the person deals with situations and treats others. Thats just my say though.

As for the descriptions, people can still imagine things for themselves but I get what you mean by it. Like the pics of the castles, at first I dident like it because I always thought of them differently, and others did too. But then I got into it and even sent rika some pictures for some of them, but rika just put them up because thats how she always pictured them and you cant blame her for wanting to show others what she thought the nations should look like, I mean at the end of the day she is the one who started it all. Maybe you could talk to her about the descriptions thing, see if you two can come to an understanding.

As for the nation, I agree that they started as just elements but I dont think that the others cant exist, they are both great and although arent as vital as the element ones are still great places to rp in and give people more options other then just nations with mainly one element, doesent really give people a home field advantage you know, so I think the nations are good.
Back to top Go down
MorpheusZero

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:19 pm

Well I have to agree, with a little of Nokuti and Heights. I think I preferred just the Elemental nations. Now there are like 1000 places to RP....I liked when there as less, now every member on the site owns their own worlds, when before we kept it small and justifiable. You must remember, that I speaking form experience, being an Admin on the original site that flourished the most of all attempts.

The rule stuffs....i also have to disagree with both of you. Tirena created the site....if she is Admin, then yes, its her way or the highway. I mean sure, users ave rights, but they sure don't keep the place running, although they keep it alive. There is a fine line between a user and a admin/mod. Of course I think the place should have a sense of Democracy, but hell, even President Jakson isobeyed strict supreme court ruling when he removed the Native Americans from Southern US, "The Trail Of Tears." The Supreme Court said that it was unconstitutional, and that he couldn't do it. He basically said, "Ok, then enforce it...Bring your army against mine..." The Supreme Court has no Army.....So he does what he wants, because he has power. In a sense, I think thats the way things should be. We all get a say in what goes on theoretically, but ideally, the Admin always knows whats in the sites best interests. That's the way we done it originally, and thats the way that worked the best in my own personal opinion.

The Rp Trials thing, I agree with HeightsFinest.

The Descriptions, I honestly don't care....
Back to top Go down
Mosturn

Mosturn

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 7:51 am

Thank you all for your input.

Now, we leave this and any future replies in the hands of Tirena, if she wishses to edit the site upon any ideas here then cool, if not still cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Some Suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Neo Sprikania :: Chatroom :: Chat-
Jump to: